- Programs and Degrees
- William Woods University’s Center for Equine Medicine
William Woods University’s Center for Equine Medicine
William Woods University’s state-of-the-art Center for Equine Medicine (CEM) is our newest addition to the campus. It serves a dual role as a hands-on learning complex for our students and as a dedicated care facility for our university horses.
The facility gives our students access to a wide variety of unique hands-on learning experiences that enhance their education. Some of their opportunities include assisting with routine and emergency care and treatment, performing unique research, and hands-on clinical experience in Biology/Pre-Veterinary and Equestrian Sciences.
The Center Includes:
- Classroom and clinical laboratory space
- An indoor arena with dust free footing
- Four horse stalls that also serve as a quarantine facility.
- A home for the university veterinarian and his family, allowing for 24/7 medical care for the university horses.
Meet Dr. Paul Schiltz, DMV, medical director at the Center for Equine Medicine.
The CEM officially opened in April 2023 thanks in large part to generous gifts given by William Woods University supporters.
In the News