Our Commitment to Business
Invest in your future
Immerse yourself in a community of dedicated faculty, passionate students, and involved alumni as you gain the expertise needed to flourish in your future business career. Whether it’s your dream to secure a position at a major accounting firm, advertising and marketing agency, tech company, or nonprofit; whether you hope to be the CEO at a top corporation, or an entrepreneur — the business programs at William Woods will equip you with the decision-making and leadership skills needed to excel in any career goal.
Choose from a variety of bachelor’s degrees in business, from Accounting, Cybersecurity, and Management Information Systems (MIS) to Business Administration, and Management and Leadership and pursue a concentration in a variety of areas, including Advertising and Marketing, Accounting, Economics and Finance, Leadership, MIS, and Management.
Take a step up in your business career with our Maset of Business Administration program and develop the skills to navigate the demanding and ever-evolving world of business. Learn to take calculated risks and build smart, agile teams that deliver results through evening courses tailored to fit your schedule. Offered at convenient locations around the state and online, the MBA program features rigorous coursework with real-world relevance, designed and taught by professionals who have proven their experience in the corporate world.
An ACBSP-accredited program
Our Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Master of Business Administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools Programs.
William Woods University alumni are currently working in management, finance, marketing, human resources and other positions at these and many other organizations:
- Bank of America
- Briggs & Stratton
- Carmichael Lynch Advertising
- Dollar General Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- State of Missouri
- Target Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
- United Way
- United States Military
Undergraduate Business Programs
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Management and Leadership
- Online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Administration
- Online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Cybersecurity
- Online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Management and Leadership
Graduate Business Programs
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Online Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Online Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- Online Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership (MA)
Facilities and Opportunities at William Woods University
The skills you develop — leadership, financial competency, organizational theory, information systems and more — will show your organization that you are ready to take your place among its leaders. Gain experience through a wide array of opportunities on and off campus.
- Take on real-world clients and solve business problems in your coursework
- Obtain a global perspective through study abroad and international competitions
- Work with clients to create, manage and revise websites through the Student Website Advancement Team (SWAT), a student-managed business on campus
- Attend faculty-recommended conferences and other networking opportunities
- Work with faculty mentors to conduct advanced projects customized to your career goals
- Interact with the community through service learning opportunities
- Join internationally-acclaimed William Woods Collegiate-DECA team and network at both the regional and international level
- Attend marketing and business seminars in New York City and beyond
- Engage with local businesses through internships and client-based projects
- Collaborate and work in teams through group-based projects in upper-level classes
- Utilize student facilities such as “The Think Tank” and the individual study lab, located close to faculty offices and allowing you easy interaction with business professors
With William Woods, you’re able to get the one on one. You get that direct feedback that you wouldn’t get in a large classroom setting.
—Benjamin Gakinya, MBA in Entrepreneurial Leadership '12, Bachelor in Management August 2008, Managing Director - Plaza Event Center at Parkade Center, Columbia, Missouri
The MIS program at William Woods is one I would recommend to anyone. Many of the classes allow hands-on experiences, and the professors are willing to go out of their way to help you succeed.
—Stacie Bonte, MIS, '07, Digital Communications Specialist at Fleishman-Hillard
I found the smaller class sizes to be beneficial because I was able to become close with all the students studying in the same area. The professors were willing and able to put in the extra time to make sure that I really understood the materials.
—Adam Mulari, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, '04, University of Colorado Sturm College of Law, '07