Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Art
Cultivate your creativity.
To turn your creative passion into your life’s work, you need a place to foster your creativity—to nurture it daily learning design fundamentals, polishing your technique and understanding the historical significance of some of life’s greatest, most powerful works of art.
Surround yourself with mentors who are genuinely invested in helping you grow as an artist and a person, excited to guide you, coach you, and watch you flourish.
That is what it is like to be a bachelor of art student at William Woods University. Our customizable curriculum was created with you in mind. Our faculty—all artists themselves—are committed to helping you thrive. Whether your dream is to teach art, produce art, start your own photography studio, or open your own gallery or shop, our art programs are designed to help you make it happen.
We believe that without art, the world lacks interest, beauty, form, and clarity. We can’t wait for you to join one of the world’s most beloved pursuits.
Art majors may choose from one of three concentrations:
- Through our diverse curriculum you will have the opportunity to experience all disciplines of art and discover one, or several, you are passionate about
- Gain hands on experience through your coursework as well as the many clubs and organizations on campus
- Get involved with Thriving Artists Group (TAG) and spend time creating and appreciating art with like-minded peers
- Collaborate with writers to add a touch of art and visual beauty to the William Woods University student publication, Hoot Campus Magazine
- Use your art to advocate for a cause you believe in and make a statement by joining groups on campus that are fighting for a greater good, like Multicultural Affairs Club or Students for Social Work
- Through the Student Portfolio Program, faculty and professionals in the art field will review your portfolio once a year, offering their feedback and guidance to get you real world ready
Our Arts degree at Work
There are many things you can do with a degree in art. Pursue an exciting career as a/an:
- Art teacher - Teaching art at the elementary, secondary or college level
- Professional artist
- And more
The Bachelor of Arts in Art degree at William Woods University consists of 122 distinct credit hours for graduation—including 19 core major credits, a 21-credit concentration in Art Education, Photography or Studio Art, a minor, and a year of foreign language.
Courses you may take
Basic Design -A
Drawing I -A
Color and Light -A
Survey Of Western Art I -A
Survey of Western Art II -A
Learn more about undergraduate admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.