International Student Admissions
In addition to meeting regular admissions requirements, international students must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently enough to complete coursework. The student must have made a 550 or above on the TOEFL, or another examination equivalent to the TOEFL.
Applicants must submit official transcripts of any post-secondary institutions. If original transcripts are not in English, certified or notarized English translations must accompany them. Students must also present an official statement of financial support, sufficient enough to cover tuition, room and board. An I-20 form (certificate of eligibility for a student visa) cannot be issued until the TOEFL scores and statement of financial support are on file. F-1 students must maintain a full-time course load.
Students must have health insurance. If not, they can seek assistance from the university upon arrival for purchase of insurance.
International Acceptance Guidelines
- Transcripts showing 2.5 GPA or above
- Certificate of Leaving/Graduating
- Official Transcripts
- Transcripts need to be evaluated by an Accredited evaluating company if they are not in English
- Transcripts need to be evaluated by an Accredited evaluating company if they are not from a United States school. Links to some approved evaluating companies are listed below. If you would like to use a different company, please check first to ensure they will be accepted.
- ACT - minimum composite score of 19 with a minimum English score of 19
- SAT 980 (for new SAT test taken after March 1, 2016) - for combined Critical reading and Math with a minimum verbal score of 480
Students from non-English speaking countries are required to provide proof of English proficiency.
Upon Acceptance to William Woods University
- Completed Academic History form
- Completed Affidavit of Funds form
- Completed Affidavit of Financial Support form
- Statement from bank showing available funds, statement is to be no older than 60 days
- Prior to arrival on campus, proof of insurance must be submitted
- All documents must be orginal and be received either in person or through the mail. Copied, faxed and emailed documents are not valid documents for an I-20 to be issued.
- A deposit of $250 must be received before an I-20 can be issued.
*Please note that all scores must be sent directly to William Woods University by using the following codes:
- ACT: 2396
- SAT: 6944
- TOEFL: 6944
For more information, call 573-592-4400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.