Information for Parents
You have done your part in raising your daughter or son. Now it’s our turn. We promise to help all students develop academically, personally and professionally.
On the academic level, we will stretch their minds, show them how to think for themselves, and teach them the essential skills to start their professional lives on a strong footing.
On the personal level, we will not only reinforce the values of hard work, caring for others, optimism, resilience and doing the right thing; we’ll also help them find their own voice and give them the opportunities to speak it.
On the professional level, we will provide helpful resources and advice to supplement their newly acquired knowledge, so they can take their next step with confidence.
At William Woods, our goal is simple: to graduate solid citizens of the world who are equipped to pursue meaningful professional lives.
Few universities offer a program like our LEAD award, a $5,000 grant for residential students and a $2,500 grant for commuter students, available all four years, regardless of financial need.
LEAD stands for Leading, Educating, Achieving and Developing and the program rewards students who expand their worldview with new experiences. It all adds up to a significant amount of financial aid and a more well-rounded young adult:
- Attend lectures, international films and concerts
- Cheer for the Owls at a baseball or softball game
- Enjoy a French play or an art show in our museum-quality Mildred M. Cox Gallery
- Grow spiritually and serve those around the Fulton area and around the world through our Faith Service programs
- Join any of our 40 plus student organizations
Recognizing that your son or daughter may need help at any time of the day or night, our Academic Success Center provides academic counseling, peer and faculty tutoring at no cost, 24/7:
- Monday through Thursday, the office is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- After hour help is available online
Health and Wellbeing
Since college life is an important part of transitioning into adult life, we have designed our student services to nurture a student’s mind, body and spirit. Our team of highly trained professionals are available to help your sons and daughters.
William Woods is committed to protecting your sons and daughters on our campus. We have invested in all the standard safety systems including:
- Regular safety patrols
- Safe walks
- Emergency phones
- Silent witness
- Emergency notification system
- Prevention programs
Whether your son or daughter knows exactly what they wish to pursue after college, or needs guidance in making this important decision, our Office of Career Services offers a variety of tools to prepare them for a successful future. These include:
- Resume building
- Mock interviews
- Career exploration
- Job and internship search assistance
- Mentor-mentee program
- Tips for applying to graduate school
- Guidance for undertaking student research, study abroad, and more