Our Associate degree can give you the edge in hiring and salary for entry-level positions in the business world. It also exposes you to the university’s general education curriculum so that you can explore options for future learning and professional advancement.
Associate Degree Programs
Jumpstart something great.
Whether you are new to the college scene or are coming to William Woods with previous college experience but are not ready to decide on a bachelor's program, the associate degree programs at William Woods University are a great way to begin a relationship that will not only enlighten but prepare and lead you forward in your personal or professional career path.
This is your opportunity to explore a range of courses and career paths, learn about what excites you, and shape your focus on future academic endeavors and career goals. It’s the perfect time to discover. And William Woods University is the perfect place.
A liberal arts education is beneficial for everyone
As a student in one of our associate degree programs, you can expect to be introduced to new ideas and challenge your understanding of the world around you. This solid academic foundation earns you a degree that will benefit you in the workplace. It is also the perfect first step toward a bachelor’s degree. In many areas of study, the associate’s degree will count as half of your bachelor’s degree requirements.
We are confident that you will gain the necessary skills to think creatively and critically, will use logic to increase your ability to reason, will change your view of social behavior and will embrace culture.
Your core credits will enhance your abilities in the categories below
- Communication: Transmit information effectively in written or spoken form
- Mathematics: Solve problems through an analysis of quantitative relationships
- Critical Thinking: Use the principles of logic to develop analytical and reasoning skillsds University campus to spend an evening with more than 800 students, faculty and staff.
- Meaning: Analyze texts (broadly defined) in order to identify central themes and interpret underlying meaning
- Ethical Reasoning: Consider ethical problems in terms of competing interests, historical and cultural roots of conflict, and use various models or theories of ethical reasoning to resolve moral dilemmas
- Historical Perspective: Think historically, meaning that you will understand both how the present is shaped by the past and how the past informs our understanding of the present
- Fine Arts: Examine the products of human creativity in such endeavors as painting, sculpture, theatre, and music
- Natural Science: Understand the natural world through systematic observation, by analyzing data, and by forming, testing and revising hypotheses
- Social Sciences: Study the behavior of people and employ the principles of science to explain both group and individual behavior
- Diversity: Analyze the traditions and values of a variety of cultures
But that’s not all you will gain! In addition to the core credits, you select 18 hours of electives enabling you to tailor your associate’s degree to your unique interests.
Our Associates degree at work
An associate degree is the first rung in the ladder for many jobs. It can give you the edge in hiring and salary for entry-level positions in the business world. As such, it can help you support yourself as you reach for the next rung — the bachelor's degree. Completing 61 credit hours of prescribed general education fulfills the requirements for admission into any of our degree-completion programs and meets William Woods University’s general education requirements.
Build a strong mathematical and science foundation, and tailor your degree to prepare to take on any engineering program with confidence.