- Programs and Degrees
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Art
- Graphic Design Concentration
Bachelors in Art Concentration in Graphic Design
Concept driven in creativity.
Whether artistic skill and talent are an innate part of you and you are ready to fine-tune and craft those skills, or whether you simply have a passion for art and a strong will to learn, our bachelor’s in graphic design program was created for you.
Graphic design is about taking a concept, an idea, a new creation and using it for a specific purpose. It is art with direction. You will be designing for a purpose, from both a passionate heart and strategic mind.
- Engage in learning activities and assignments that have a strong connection to work you will be doing in your professional career, helping to build your portfolio
- Participate in collaborative projects with other disciplines, such as Business and Information Technology, to provide experience in integrating your artistic skills with other fields
- Work side by side with your professors and mentors, who offer their personalized attention to your development and their guidance as a professional in the field
- Show off the products of all your hard work and time spent through an exhibit in the Cox Gallery, located on-campus in Fulton, MO, during your capstone semester
- Gain experience with Thriving Artists Group (TAG) creating artistic content in the field of Communication
- Work to revamp and redesign client websites as part of the Student Website Advancement Team
Our Graphic Design Concentration at Work
There are countless career paths you can embark on as a professional graphic designer. Whether you are part of a small team of six in an in-house agency designing packaging for new and upcoming products, working on an ad campaign with a team of 40 at a creative agency or magazine, or whether you take an entrepreneurial path and start your own business, you can find the right fit for you.
Graduates of this program have gone on to work with these employers as well as many others:
- Cabela’s Outdoor, Inc.
- Purdue University
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources
- National Horseman Magazine
- Modern-Litho Print Co.
- The Callaway Bank
My education at WWU undoubtedly provided me with a solid foundation that has allowed me to work my way up and continue the tradition of growth and excellence in my company. My experience and education at William Woods was not just limited to the classroom. The conversations with professors after class and the countless extracurricular activities provided me with more education than one could have ever hoped for.
Toby Stowe, graphic design graduate, now president of Design Supply, Inc., and DS Wholesale, Inc,. in Kansas City, Mo.
William Woods had a tremendous positive influence on me. I feel as if my professors truly cared about my development as a professional designer and fine artist. Without their talent and guidance, I wouldn't be where I am today. I enjoyed my WWU college experience immensely.
Holly Dirnberger, graphic design graduate, designer and illustrator for Red Letter Communications, Inc., in Cape Girardeau, Mo.
The photography concentration within the art major includes coursework in the fundamentals of graphic design, publication design, packaging design, animation, and more!
Learn more about undergraduate admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.