Students from non-English speaking countries are required to provide proof of English proficiency. William Woods University will accept any of the scores listed below as proof of English proficiency:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exam -Undergraduate students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 500 (paper based), 173 (computer based), or 61 (Internet based IBT). Graduate students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based), 213 (computer based), 80 (Internet based IBT). Visit TOEFL's website for more information about the test.
- Eiken - students must successfully pass the Grade Pre-1 level test.
- ACT - minimum English score of 19 / SAT - minimum score of 510 on Evidence-Based Reading and Writing.
- IELTS - Undergraduate students must have a minimum score of 5.0. Graduate Students must have a minimum score of 6.5.
- iTEP - Students must have a minimum score of 4.0.
(Note: Requests may be made to send scores directly to WWU by using ACT code 2396 and/or SAT and TOEFL code 6944)