Cost and Aid Menu ▾

Financial Aid

Graduate and Online Undergraduate

Federal Aid

Federal financial aid for graduate or online undergraduate students typically consists of Federal Direct Loans, which have competitive interest rates and flexible repayment options. Additionally, online undergraduate student may be eligible for the federal Pell grant.

Steps to apply for financial aid

1: Complete the FAFSA

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can be completed online at The application must be completed annually in order to access federal funds and is available each year. Renewal applicants must maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA. Each FAFSA covers a single academic year.

  • William Woods University’s School Code is: 002525 

Note: If your FAFSA is selected for verification by the Department of Education, you will be notified by the student financial services office for additional paperwork.

You must be accepted for enrollment and registered for courses before a formal offer of financial assistance can be made. Students must be pursuing a degree or federally approved certificate in order to receive federal assistance. Online undergraduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours and graduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of three (3) credit hours per payment period/semester for student loan eligibility.

2: Approve your Student Aid Awards

Once the SFS Office has received notification of enrollment and FAFSA, your file will be reviewed to determine your eligibility for federal financial aid. You will receive notification (via your WWU email) to view your eligibility by accessing the Financial Aid Portal. You will be asked to accept or decline the awards electronically at that time.

3: Complete your Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note

If you have accepted any Federal Direct Loans, the SFS office will process aid once we have received confirmation from the Department of Education that you have completed your online Entrance Counseling (EC) and online Master Promissory Note (MPN). You may complete those by visiting

To view your previous federal aid history please visit NSLDS.

Private Loans

For those seeking additional loan options. Student may apply for private educational loans from various outside lenders. For a list of common national lenders, please visit

Outside Scholarships

William Woods University does not offer any scholarship programs for the online undergraduate or graduate programs. However, many outside entities offer educational scholarships. Students are encouraged to seek out as much outside scholarship opportunity as possible to reduce the out of pocket cost of your education.

Explore Private/Outside Scholarships

Employer Tuition Benefits


Many employers offer various levels of reimbursement for courses completed. This program requires a student to pay the University in full upon the designated due date for each course but then qualifies the employee for reimbursement of those paid funds. Refer to your company’s HR department or employee handbook for more information.

Tuition Assistance

Tuition Assistance occurs when an employer is paying for the cost of your education or a portion of it. The employer may make payments to the student or directly to the University on behalf of the student.

If you are receiving employer reimbursement/tuition assistance and utilizing federal aid, please contact the SFS office at 573.592.1793 or Per federal regulations, any reimbursement or tuition assistance should be reported and documented.

If your employer offers a tuition assistance or reimbursement program, it is still the Student’s responsibility to ensure payment in full is made by the due date. If you are anticipating a delay in receiving funds, WWU does offer a Deferred Tuition Agreement. This program allows you to defer payment up to 30 days after the last day of each applicable course.

To complete the Deferred Tuition Agreement, visit the Employer Reimbursement page.

Helpful Hints

Read all instructions on all applications carefully and answer all questions as accurately as possible. Keep a copy of all completed forms for your personal records. To confirm any deadlines for processing, contact Student Financial Services.

Contact Student Financial Services