Academic Success Center
William Woods doesn’t leave your success to chance.
The mission of William Woods University’s Academic Success Center is to provide student-centered services that empower students to self-reflect, help students’ academic enhancement, and foster structured academic support.
We accomplish this mission through the following services:
- Literacy Lab: WWU provides online and face-to-face resources to assist students at all levels to develop as writers. The Student Success Center also provides written resource materials, for both students and tutors. Campus faculty, staff, and alumni also provide tutoring services as part of the SSC, working one-on-one with students to review students’ writing strengths and provide individualized assistance.
- 24/7 Online Tutoring: The ASC provides online face-to-face assistance in several academic areas. The assistance is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, through SmartThinking, which every student has access to through Owlnet.
- Peer and Faculty Tutors: Peer and faculty tutors provide assistance in a number of course subjects.
- Progress Supervisors: Progress Supervisors are WWU faculty and staff trained to work with students facing other issues that may be impacting their performance in the classroom. PS often meet with their students weekly to provide support, encouragement, resources, and a listening ear.
- Quiet Study Space: Computers for student use and a comfortable environment are available to get your study on!
The Academic Success Center is located inside of Dulany Library in the Educational Materials Collection (EMC) Room 101.
Monday thru Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday - closed
Sunday - 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Online tutors available 24/7
For Further Information
For more information, contact Shelia Payne, via email or 573 592-4265.