Admissions Menu ▾

Transfer Applicants

Transfer Applicants.

Finish and Flourish.

We know transferring to a new school can be a difficult decision.

But William Woods University hopes to make this transition, not only wrinkle-free, but one you're excited about. We are here to help, and your Admissions Counselor will assist you every step of the way.

Take advantage of all that William Woods University has to offer. Applying is free and easy, and scholarships are available - including a transfer scholarship for academic merit, our LEAD Award Program ($2,000 for residential students/$1,000 for commuter students) and a $19,000 scholarship for students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa.

Learn more about transferring to William Woods University


Registering with your academic class for fall courses

If more than 30 credit hours you earned at a college or university after graduating from high school transfer to William Woods, you may register with other students in your academic class.

To register with your class:

  • You need to be accepted to WWU and pay the tuition deposit.
  • WWU must have official transcripts from your high school and from all previous colleges you attended.

Registration class is determined by the number of credit hours the student will be transferring to WWU.

  • Sophomores: 30 - 59 credits
  • Juniors: 60 - 89 credits
  • Seniors: 90 credits

Contact Angelette Prichett, Associate Dean for Academic Services and Instructor of Social Work, at to arrange your registration.


If you’re already planning to transfer to William Woods, take the right courses right now.

If you are attending another institution but plan to transfer to WWU make sure the classes you are taking will meet WWU requirements.

  • You can check our Transfer Equivalency page to determine how your classes may transfer to WWU. William Woods is continually working to update this transfer equivalency website. If you do not find the institution from which you are transferring, please contact Tara Deierling at (573) 592-4251 or e-mail her at


Transfer credit policies

  1. In general, if you want to transfer to WWU, you will be considered for regular admission if you have completed 12 or more credit hours at another institution while earning a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0. You must be eligible to return to your former institution. Apply for Admission now. You should send your official transcripts from all colleges attended to the Office of Admissions. Additionally, due to federal regulations, you must also submit a copy of your official high school transcripts or G.E.D before any financial aid may be disbursed. Please mail to: William Woods University, Office of Admissions, One University Avenue, Fulton MO 65251.
  2. Transfer Credits:
    • If you are a community college transfer student, you may transfer up to 70 credit hours; however, courses with a grade of "D" are only accepted if they are part of an Associate of Arts degree (this excludes Associate of Science and/or Associate of Applied Science degrees.) If you are transferring an Associate of Arts degree, you are not required to repeat courses transferred with a "D" grade unless specifically stated in prerequisite or major requirements.
    • Transfer credits are generally accepted at full semester value, providing that the transferring institution is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, or an equivalent accrediting agency, and the course content is similar to that offered at William Woods.
    • Accepted transfer hours are figured into the total 122 credit hours required for completion of a baccalaureate degree, but transfer grades are not calculated into your WWU grade point average. You must have at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale to be considered for acceptance. If you do not meet the criteria, you may be eligible for provisional acceptance. Due to federal regulations, your high school transcript, G.E.D. certificate, etc. are required to prove completion of high school or equivalent.
    • Students may transfer in an Associate of Arts degree during their enrollment at William Woods to meet and complete Common Studies requirements. The residency rule would remain in effect, so each student's last 30 credits would still need to be William Woods courses.

View Transfer Equivalencies


Learn more about how long it will take to complete your degree.

Contact your Admissions Representative or contact our transfer advisor, Dr. Tom Frankman.


Residential Requirements

William Woods University is a residential university that fosters personal development through a variety of co-curricular learning opportunities. Full-time residents, therefore, are required to reside in one of the campus residence halls unless they meet the requirements for non-residential status or the University has terminated their housing agreement.

Residential students are required to be enrolled full-time. Residents enrolled full-time but needing to change to part-time can request permission to remain in a campus residence hall. Residents should meet with the Vice President and Dean of Student Life to make such a request.

Residents requesting approval for commuter status or off-campus living must complete the Residential Status Change Form in Owlnet which is submitted to the Director of Residential Life and Campus Safety for approval.

Residents must meet one of the following four categories to qualify for commuter status:

  1. Residents who reside with parent(s)/guardian(s) and live within 60-miles of the campus. [Said address must be established as the sole, legal and permanent residence of the parent(s)/guardian(s).]
  2. Residents who are 23 years of age on the first day of the semester classes.
  3. Residents who are married or have children.
  4. Residents who are fifth-year seniors and have 90 credit hours.

A limited number of seniors are allowed to live off campus. Students interested in this must have completed 90 hours by the end of the previous semester and not be affiliated with a Greek organization on campus.

See if you are eligible for an exemption to live off campus as a transfer student.


Visit the WWU Campus

Come check out our beautiful campus during one of our many visit events or schedule an individual visit.


Paying for WWU

We can assist in paying for college through our generous transfer scholarships and performance award opportunities.

For more details about financial aid you may contact your Admissions Representative, visit the Student Financial Services website or call the Student Financial Services office at: 573.592.4232.

And don't forget to submit your FAFSA.
William Woods University's FAFSA code is 002525.