William Woods University is a residential university that fosters personal development through a variety of co-curricular learning opportunities. Full-time residents, therefore, are required to reside in one of the campus residence halls unless they meet the requirements for non-residential status or the University has terminated their housing agreement.
Residential students are required to be enrolled full-time. Residents enrolled full-time but needing to change to part-time can request permission to remain in a campus residence hall. Residents should meet with the Vice President and Dean of Student Life to make such a request.
Residents requesting approval for commuter status or off-campus living must complete the Residential Status Change Form in Owlnet which is submitted to the Director of Residential Life and Campus Safety for approval.
Residents must meet one of the following four categories to qualify for commuter status:
- Residents who reside with parent(s)/guardian(s) and live within 60-miles of the campus. [Said address must be established as the sole, legal and permanent residence of the parent(s)/guardian(s).]
- Residents who are 23 years of age on the first day of the semester classes.
- Residents who are married or have children.
- Residents who are fifth-year seniors and have 90 credit hours.
Residents who do not meet the criteria in numbers 1 through 4 above may be eligible for a waiver for off-campus living. The University will determine annually the number of waivers to be granted. Priority for the available waivers will be given as follows:
- First to students with at least 90 credit hours completed by the end of the current academic year and at least 4 semesters of college enrollment since high school graduation.
- Second, to students who have accumulated at least 60 college credit hours by the end of the current academic year and at least 4 semesters of college enrollment since high school graduation.
- Members of a fraternity or sorority may not be eligible to participate and should check with chapter leadership and the Director of Student Involvement for more information.
For more information, please consult the Residence Hall Housing Agreement (PDF)