Student Experience Menu ▾
- All LEAD students must earn a minimum of 4 points in each of the required months: September, October, November, January, February, March, April. Students are allowed one required month per academic year in which they can earn fewer than 4 points (warning month). Students are encouraged to save this warning month in the event it is needed for illness, unexpected circumstances, family emergencies, etc. Students who have a second required month with fewer than 4 points will lose their LEAD award commencing with the next academic semester.
- All LEAD students may only receive 8 LEAD points per academic year for attendance at athletic events.
- Residential LEAD students must earn a total of at least 20 points by the end of the fall semester and a total of at least 45 points by the end of the spring semester/academic year. Residential LEAD students who start in January must earn at least 23 points by the end of the spring semester/academic year.
- Commuter LEAD students must earn a total of at least 12 points by the end of the fall semester and a total of at least 28 points by the end of the spring semester/academic year. Commuter LEAD students who start in January must earn at least 16 points by the end of the spring semester/academic year.
Additional LEAD Policies:
- Students must have their Student ID/LEAD card with them and must get their ID/LEAD card scanned at LEAD events in order to receive LEAD credit for attending the event. Some events require that students sign in and/or out in lieu of being scanned and students must also have their ID/LEAD card with them in order to receive LEAD credit for these events.
- Students are expected to act appropriately during LEAD events--arrive on time, stay for the entire event, be appropriately dressed, pay attention during the presentation, turn off cell phones and other electronic devices, etc. Students who fail to behave appropriately will be asked to leave, will forfeit those LEAD points, and risk additional sanctions. Additional disruptive behavior will put a student’s award in jeopardy.
- Students are expected to earn their points honestly. Dishonesty in accumulating LEAD points will result in the loss of the LEAD Award; however, these students may participate in LEAD reinstatement.
- Students may not earn LEAD credit for attending events which are required for class, a scholarship, or campus employment. Students cannot receive any other form of incentive for participation in the LEAD program.
- Students are responsible for checking and tracking their LEAD points online. Any problems with a student’s LEAD record must be reported within 5 days of the end of the month in which the problem occurs; however, it is best to report problems within 48 hours of the event.
- LEAD students in good standing may complete a LEAD Senior Waiver online in Owlnet during the semester in which they will graduate. December graduates may submit the LEAD Senior Waiver during the fall semester (senior waiver semester) and May/August graduates may submit the LEAD Senior Waiver during the spring semester (senior waiver semester). When requesting the LEAD Senior Waiver, the student acknowledges that: (1) They are in good standing and eligible to receive the LEAD award during the senior waiver semester; (2) They will not be required to obtain LEAD points during the senior waiver semester; (3) That the senior waiver semester will be the last semester they will receive the LEAD award; and (4) They will not be eligible for the LEAD award at any time in the future.
- Students may appeal the loss of their LEAD award by submitting it in writing to the Dean of Student Life for submission to the LEAD Committee.
- Direct any questions or concerns to 573-592-4239 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEAD Reinstatement Policy:
Students who fail to meet LEAD requirements have the opportunity to reinstate their award. To do so, they must:
- Students who fail to meet LEAD requirements which results in the loss of their LEAD award will have the opportunity to reinstate their award during a subsequent semester. Note: students will not receive the monetary incentive during this semester but must meet all requirements.
- To reinstate their LEAD award, they must complete the following requirements during the semester in which they intend to reinstate the award:
- 25 points for residential students (4 point monthly minimum during the required months; no warning month).
- 17 points for commuter students (4 point monthly minimum during the required months; no warning month).
- Earn their LEAD points as if they were receiving the award (e.g. get ID/LEAD card scanned at events, track their points online, etc.).
- Complete the LEAD Reinstatement Agreement online; go to the Office of Student Life and indicate their intention to participate in LEAD Reinstatement; and/or, when all requirements have been met, go to the Office of Student Life and request that their award be reinstated.
- Notification of participation in and/or successful completion of LEAD Reinstatement must be made prior to the start of the next semester.
- Once all LEAD Reinstatement requirements have been met, students will be eligible for the LEAD award for all subsequent semesters in which they meet the requirements.
Direct any questions or concerns to 573.592.4239; or Lead@WilliamWoods.edu.