- Student Experience
- Undergraduate Student Experience
- Clubs and Organizations
- Intercultural Organizations
At William Woods we believe that knowledge is to be found by stepping outside of your comfort zone and opening yourself up to the world around you. The following organizations were created to get you thinking beyond yourself. To introduce you to new cultures, new perspectives, new friendships, and new experiences.
Black Student Union
The mission of the Black Student Union is to increase awareness, and to educate the campus community about other cultures, and lifestyles while also providing a safe space for BIPOCs and allies on campus. This will be succeeded by sponsoring thought provoking events around campus. We also hope to increase people's use of real world critical thinking and encourage people to challenge their own implicit biases. Finally, our long term goal is to create a campus wide safe space for people of all cultures, races, genders, and lifestyles. Membership is open to anyone and we encourage all to attend events and meetings!
Embracing and Celebrating Diversity
The primary goal of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion is to support students from every walk of life by:
- Coordinating, implementing, and promoting all-inclusive cultural programming
- Fostering understanding and appreciation for racial, ethnic, gender, age, and other cultural differences
- Providing informative presentations, to encourage discussions on current cultural issues and events
- Scheduling relevant cultural film series
- Offering professional development workshops and training to faculty, staff, and students to increase cultural awareness
"We must learn to live together as brothers, or we are going to perish together as fools."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Learn about different international and cultural honorary organizations and discover how you can get involved.