Financial Aid and You
Arrangements for payment of tuition, course fees and any other charges are due prior to the first day of the class. Late fees and finance charges may be added if full payment is not received by due date.
What options are available?
- Pay out of pocket
- Independent scholarships
- Federal loans (Complete FAFSA)
- Private loans
- Company sponsored tuition remission
- (Student must contact the Student Financial Services Office with amount of reimbursement if requesting federal aid. Student is responsible for payment of tuition, course fees and any other charges and for working with their employer to receive the reimbursement.)
Interested in Federal Loans?
Step 1: Complete the FAFSA
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can be completed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- William Woods University’s School Code is: 002525
- Be sure to keep your FSA-ID for future ability to access your FAFSA information.
Step 2: Confirm your Enrollment
A formal offer of financial assistance is made upon completion of the following actions:
- Acceptance for enrollment in a degree for federally approved program
- Course dates are finalized
- Loan eligibility requires a minimum enrollment of:
- 3 semester credit hours per semester for graduates
- 6 semester credit hours per semester for undergraduates
- Pell grant eligibility may be available to undergraduates and is determined by the FAFSA
Step 3: Accept your Student Aid
Upon confirmation of your enrollment, your information is reviewed for federal aid eligibility.
- Open and review electronic award letter sent to your WWU email
- Accept, reduce or decline financial aid offered
Step 4: Complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note for Stafford Loans
- Once WWU receives notification of completion from the federal student loan program, your loan request is processed.
Manage your Account
It is your responsibility to manage your account. If you are anticipating loan awards, they cannot be applied to your account until steps 1-4 are completed.
Once your funds arrive on campus an electronic loan receipt is sent to your WWU email account.
Follow your account activity by logging onto Owlnet and completing the steps below:
View Statements & Payments
- Click on Students Tab
- Click on Financial Services on the right
- Click on My Account Balances
- Click on Accounts Receivable amount to list out your account activity
- Click on Students Tab
- Click on Financial Services on the right hand side
- Click on Go to CASHNet (middle of the page)
- Click on any of the Billing Statements to view the information
If you are expecting a refund check you can follow the progress by checking your account. Refund checks are mailed to your home address 14 days after the money is applied to your account.