- Current Students
- Graduate and Online Welcome Center
- Connecting with William Woods University
Connecting with William Woods University
One of the most overlooked but essential functions to success is communication. Your success starts with taking ownership to ensure that you have access to the necessary university systems that you may be using as a student. Some programs use special systems, the majority of the information presented below is required by all students.
At the time of your acceptance, you will receive a login credential email notice from our University Information Technologies (UIT) department. This notice will walk you through the login process and confirm your access information.
All William Woods Students:
Current Students Link
You can find this link by visiting www.WilliamWoods.edu and selecting the Current Students link at the top right of the screen. On the subsequent page, you will see several quick links to important university resources, most of which are listed below.
Your William Woods Email Account
William Woods University provides all students with a free university email account. This account serves as a primary method of communication between students, faculty, and staff. It is important to check your university account regularly.
Owlnet - your Exclusive Access to The Woods
The Owlnet portal provides students with access to information and services that are vital to success. If you are new to Owlnet, you will need to retrieve your password. To retrieve your password, you will need to use your student ID number and other information that is part of your student record to confirm your identity.
Once you have accessed Owlnet and are registered for classes, the Student tab will allow you to access the following services and information:
- Student Schedules – View your scheduled classes and your grades earned.
- Financial Aid – Review, complete, and accept your financial aid award package electronically.
- Account Balance – Check your account balance and avoid late fees and transcript holds. Remember payments are due the 10th day of the month following the start date of each course.
- Tutoring – Access free online tutoring 24 hours a day.
- Library – Access multiple library resources including citation guides and advanced journal resources.
Moodle - The Online Learning Management System
Online courses will be delivered via Moodle. Moodle comes complete with several free online tutorials. Select the Moodle option on the Current Students page and scroll down to the School Resources Section. Select (Introduction to WWU Online Learning), on the right menu panel. You will see WWU099 Introduction to WWU Online Learning Course. This course mirrors the basic format of an online course so that you can have a better understanding of what to expect.