- Graduate Programs Online
- Online Master of Education (MEd) in Equestrian Education
Online Master of Education (MEd) in Equestrian Education
Share your passion with a new generation
Enter the new and growing equestrian education market by earning the online Master of Education in Equestrian Education degree from William Woods University. This degree will help you gain the field pedagogy skills you need to make the transition from equestrian professional to equestrian educator.
While earning this degree, you will improve your instructional techniques and learn to construct effective curriculum by applying instructional theories and strategies. The curriculum and supporting coursework provide insights into instructional subjects, pedagogy methods, and classroom management, including instructional resource planning, curriculum development, and outcome assessments. The degree also provides you with a focused education in the equestrian field to match your needs.
Essential skills you will learn include:
- Theories of teaching and learning
- Instructional design for equestrian education
- Curriculum construction
- Improvement of instruction
- Application of instructional theories and strategies
- Equestrian program development
- Management of equestrian program resources
- Understanding and responding to current issues in equestrian education
Excellence in equestrian education
The online Master of Education in Equestrian Education builds on William Woods University’s nationally recognized undergraduate equestrian program. This program, which offers a wide range of undergraduate specialties, provides an ideal climate for innovative instruction and effective learning outcomes for success in the field.
The online graduate degree combines the academic excellence and supportive teaching culture of the William Woods equestrian program with the convenience and affordability of a nationally ranked online education program. You will receive quality online instruction through the latest educational technology and collaborate with your peers in an interactive and engaging learning environment.
Your equestrian education degree at work
Equestrian education is gaining momentum in the industry as employers seek academically credentialed equestrian professionals in undergraduate instruction, as well as in the fields of extension service, breed and discipline associations, organizational leadership and others. Equestrian education professionals are also being sought to fill positions as youth and outreach workers to improve the quality and effectiveness of programs for early exposure to the field. A graduate degree prepares you for a position as a post-secondary teacher in this industry. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, these positions are expected to experience an average 17% increase in employment through the next decade.
Courses you may take
Teaching and Learning in the New Digital Landscape
Equestrian Academic Instruction
Applied Instructional Theories
Equestrian Curriculum Development
Equestrian Educational Events & Competitions Management
Management of Facility & Resources
Development of Instructional Resources
Current Issues in Equestrian Education
Equestrian Education Capstone Project
- Graduate Application
- Official transcripts (2.5 GPA or higher) showing Bachelor's degree. Only transcripts received in a sealed envelope directly from the sending school will be considered official.
- A curriculum vitae demonstrating your knowledge of and experience in the equine industry. This may include items such as certifications, professional memberships, your student accomplishments in the field, or your professional accomplishments in the field.
- Teaching Philosophy – a self-reflective statement of your beliefs about teaching and learning. This should discuss how you put your beliefs into practice by including examples of what you do or anticipate doing in the classroom or riding arena.
- Teaching Video – a 20-30 minute video, uploaded to YouTube or another easily-accessed social media site, of the applicant teaching either an applied riding lesson or in a classroom setting.
Your digital classroom. Available anywhere.
William Woods online graduate programs are available to students across the country. From our main campus in Fulton, Missouri and beyond, our online graduates hail from California, Illinois, Kansas, Washington, Arkansas and many more.
Our graduate education programs are available online and are ranked among best online programs in Missouri by US News and World Report.
One more thing
This truly is one of the nation’s top ranked equestrian programs in terms of resources, experience, industry connection and academic quality. If you want to know more about it, ask one of our alumni. They’re working just about everywhere people ride, show, and take care of horses.
Learn more about online admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.