Online Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership
Practical skills for new world leaders.
Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership is one of the most sought-after degrees for candidates who aspire to reach an executive or a top-level position in the organization.
While traditional MBA programs emphasize business-driven outcomes, the MA in Organizational Leadership draws from a more human-centered approach, prioritizing meaning, values and vision to unlock the fullest potential of human capital.
In this program, you will learn how to analyze and apply organizational leadership theories to respond to real leadership challenges such as organizational inefficiencies, corporate culture issues, dormant productivity and more. You will gain a deeper understanding of how to instill effective leadership practices, policies and systems to enable 21st-century organizations to grow, evolve and adapt to the realities of an ever-changing, globalized world.
Through rigorous coursework and experiential learning opportunities, this Masters in Organizational Leadership degree will help you develop your leadership style and learn to build highly effective teams and a culture of collaboration within the organization. All along the way, you will have an opportunity to learn from a diverse group of experienced and accomplished faculty with backgrounds and specialty areas ranging from Fortune 500 companies, military, adult learning, strategic foresight, and behavioral sciences.
In this program, you will learn to:
- Develop and align organizational vision, mission, values, and goals to achieve and sustain strategic advantage
- Synthesize organizational problems and devise innovative, research-informed solutions
- Analyze ethical aspects of leadership such as accountability and social responsibility
- Understand global systems and analyze the impact of global issues on an organization
- Apply organizational development theories to build human capital and manage performance effectively
- Build and lead highly effective workforce with coaching, training and development programs
- Develop strategic foresight to manage organizational change and transformation
- Formulate and devise innovation strategies for dynamic market environment
- Respond to conflict and differences on interpersonal, group, and organizational levels
Your online MA in Organizational Leadership degree at work:
This program aims to prepare leaders for diverse work settings and broad career opportunities in all different types of organizations including public, private and nonprofit organizations.
Job responsibilities and titles include:
- Training and Development Manager
- Chief Executive
- General and Operations Manager
- Administrative Services Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Management Analyst
- Social and Community Service Manager
- Administrative Services Manager
To complete the degree requirements for MA in Organizational Leadership program, students need to complete 36 credit hours. The program consists of 8 core courses plus 4 specialization courses.
Students will have the opportunity to choose one of four concentrations:
- Global Leadership Concentration - 12 credits
- Organizational Development Concentration - 12 credits
- Organizational Management Concentration - 12 credits
- Strategic Innovation and Change Concentration - 12 credits
Courses you may take
- Completed application
- Official transcripts (2.5 GPA or higher) mailed from the college/university of which you graduated
Your digital classroom. Available anywhere.
William Woods online graduate programs are available to students across the country. In Missouri, our students come from Fulton, Columbia, Jefferson City, St. Louis, Kansas City, Moberly, Springfield, Ozark, Cape Girardeau, Rolla and many more locations. Beyond Missouri, our online graduates hail from California, Illinois, Kansas, Washington, Arkansas and other states.
Learn more about online admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.