Gain essential knowledge and skills to pursue careers in health professions, pre-med or pre-vet, research, business and more.
Science Undergraduate Programs
You will be amazed at what you can do.
Your goal may be graduate school, research, medicine, veterinary science or the biotech industry. Whatever your path, come to William Woods University in Fulton, Missouri for bachelors programs in science — biology, physics, math, psychology — that will prepare you through sophisticated facilities, small classes, close mentoring and collaboration, plus an emphasis on hands-on lab work in nearly every class.
- Enjoy mentoring and hands-on learning in all of our science courses
- Find yourself sequencing DNA in one of our campus labs as part of the Genomics Education Partnership
- Perform high-level research in collaboration with a faculty mentor
- Choose from a variety of student organizations and clubs to join, which will support you in your studies, including Beta Beta Beta, the biology honors society
- Join frequent trips to field sites and research laboratories, including an international Tropical Biology trip
Our B.A. and B.S. math and science degree programs are designed to give you curriculum flexibility so you can tailor your education for graduate school, research, teaching or a business career in science.
Potential career options include:
- Research and development
- Counseling or clinical psychology
- Actuarial Science
- Medicine and health professions
- And much more
Pre-Med and Pre-Vet Options
William Woods University has experienced a 100 percent acceptance rate for students who have applied for advanced professional degrees in veterinary medicine, medical school, pharmacy and physical therapy doctoral programs. We offer Bachelor of Science in Biology concentrations in pre-veterinary and pre-medicine.
Our alumni have earned advanced degrees and are practicing in various health professions including:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M)
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D.)
- Physical Therapist (P.T.)
- Occupational Therapist (O.T.)
- Physician's Assistant (P.A.)
I honestly don't know whether I could have made it without the biology department. They were always there for me.
— Danielle Propst, B.S. in Biology, ’14 and now a Pharm. D. student at University of Missouri - Kansas City, Mo.
The staff here did not hesitate to help with whatever I asked of them, whether it was proofreading my application, performing mock interviews, or writing reference letters.
— Cody Kern, B.S. in Biology, ‘13 and now a medical student at University of Missouri School of Medicine.
Being a math major at William Woods was a great experience for me. The class sizes were small, which made it feel more personal, and it was easy for us to get a lot of one-on-one help from professors. These small classes also prepared me for my graduate studies by allowing me ample time and opportunity to grasp the information.
— Kyle Proebsting, mathematics graduate and Maryville University graduate student in actuarial science
Majors and Minors
Develop a physics foundation and crucial critical thinking skills, as well as laboratory, research and analytical know-how for a wide variety of careers.
Combine a liberal arts education with a strong program in various mathematical techniques and problem solving that can be used in a variety of careers
Build a strong foundation in various areas of psychology for success in graduate school or a number of careers.