Job Title: Reg. Asst. Dir. of Admissions – Grad. Ed. - SE MO
Reports To: Vice President of Enrollment Services
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
William Woods University is seeking a Regional Assistant Director of Admissions with a focus on the recruitment of Master of Education programs, Education Specialist programs, and Doctorate of Education programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for generating inquiries and applications, meeting enrollment goals, and developing partnerships with various organizations, not limited to high schools, community colleges, businesses, military facilities, and other organizations to promote the Graduate Education programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in education and a proven track record of success in admissions and recruitment. This position is open to remote work. Territory for this role will be Southeast MO.
This is a full-time position, eligible for usual and customary benefits. William Woods University’s benefit package includes tuition remission for employees and dependents at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels, vacation and sick leave along with holidays, retirement benefits and health insurance.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are passionate about education, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. William Woods University is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform job duties in accordance with William Woods University’s vision, mission, and values, and contributes to the development of the Admissions Department.
- Develop and execute recruitment strategies to generate inquiries and applications for Graduate Education programs in the assigned region.
- Meet and exceed enrollment goals for Graduate Education programs within the assigned region.
- Travel extensively (3-4 days per week in busy seasons) to events, college fairs, school district buildings, business partners, first responder organizations, military installations, military events, & military-affiliated organizations throughout the territory in order to recruit and yield new students who enroll in classes at William Woods University.
- Build and maintain relationships with high schools, community colleges, businesses, military facilities, and other organizations to increase visibility and awareness of Graduate Education programs.
- Work with admissions and marketing teams to develop and implement recruitment and marketing plans to attract prospective students.
- Provide guidance and support to admissions representatives in the assigned region.
- Analyze enrollment trends and make recommendations to improve recruitment and retention strategies.
- Represent the university at local and regional events, including college fairs, information sessions, and other recruitment events.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure smooth admissions processes and student success.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Graduate Education programs and industry trends.
- Attend conferences and events specific to Graduate Education programs to network and promote the university's offerings.
- Assist with campus events if needed.
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree in education preferred.
- Experience in a K-12 educational setting is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in admissions, recruitment, or related field in higher education.
- Strong understanding of the admissions process for Graduate Education programs.
- Proven track record of success in meeting enrollment goals and building relationships with high schools and community colleges.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures in collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software, preferably Jenzabar and JRM (Salesforce).
- Ability to work remotely and maintain effective communication with the admissions team, prospective students, and stakeholders in the Southeast MO region.
This is a full-time, exempt position requiring 40+ hours per week with some travel required. Some evening and weekend work is required.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer