- Student Experience
- Undergraduate Student Experience
- Clubs and Organizations
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Sorority Recruitment
Tuesday, August 17
Sorority Recruitment 101 - Zoom
Have questions about recruitment or Orientation? Want to know more details about the schedule for the week? Just excited to get a jumpstart on meeting new people? Join your Recruitment Counselors for a relaxed chat to go over the basics before you arrive on campus. Zoom link- https://zoom.us/j/7755936019.
Thursday, August 19
3:15 - 5:15 P.M.
Sorority House Tours - Sorority Circle
During the Support Stroll Orientation event come by to see our chapter houses and meet some of our members. LEAD EVENT
Meet the Greeks: Introduction to Women's Recruitment - Outdoor Amphitheater
Join sorority recruitment counselors for an informational meeting covering all the ins-and-outs of sorority recruitment. Students will have the opportunity to socialize with current sorority members. All students welcome! No advance registration required. LEAD EVENT
Friday, August 20
Sorority Recruitment Registration Closes
Last chance to register! Students will not be able to attend the rest of the events if they are not registered by this time.
Event 1 - Sorority Sisterhood Events - Cutlip Auditorium
Meet in Cutlip Auditorium at 5:15 P.M. to receive schedule.
Women participating in recruitment will visit all four sorority chapters and learn more about how membership can contribute to the WWU experience. Advance registration required. LEAD EVENT
Saturday, August 21
Event 2 - Sorority Service Events - Cutlip Auditorium
Meet in Cutlip Auditorium at 12:30 P.M. to receive schedule.
Women participating in this round of recruitment will explore the importance of service in sorority membership at up to three chapters.
Sunday, August 22
Round 3 - Sorority Preference Event - Cutlip Auditorium
Meet in Cutlip Auditorium at 8:30 A.M. to receive schedule
Women will visit up to two chapters as members share their sorority experiences.
Sorority Bid Night - McNutt Campus Center
Meet in McNutt Campus Center at 4:45 p.m.
What to expect of Recruitment?
- Expect to be nervous and stressed. It's natural to have butterflies in your stomach when you meet the chapters, but it will get easier as the days progress. And remember, the sisters are just as nervous as you! They also feel a lot of pressure to find new sisters for their chapter. Just relax and smile, and recruitment will breeze by.
- Expect to meet a lot of new people! One of the best parts of recruitment is all the new people you meet, both peers and upperclass women. You may find your new best friend right in your recruitment group. At any rate, you're guaranteed to end recruitment with a whole bunch of new friends.
- Expect to be asked questions. Recruitment relies a lot on conversation and interaction to help you meet the sisters and for them to meet you. They want to know more about you, so don't be surprised if they ask you questions. At the same time, we encourage you to ask your own questions of them. You're trying to find out more about them, too!
- Expect to have fun!! Recruitment is not always serious. Your new sisters will be a lot of fun to meet!!