- EDD, Educational Leadership, Saint Louis University , 2010
- EDS, Educational Administration, University of Missouri - Columbia, 1995
- MED, Educational Administration, University of Missouri - Columbia, 1992
- BS, Elementary Education, Lincoln University, 1988
- As a teacher, I must always focus on the specific needs of the students in the classroom and the curricular goals of the course.
- Rigorous and relevant lessons are designed to engage students while learning and processing new content knowledge in a collaborative learning environment. Educational research and data are key instructional components. The application of information connects students to real classroom expectations.
- Most importantly, I must model the importance of developing effective relationships with students.
- To quote Dr. James Comer, “No significant learning occurs without a significant relationship.”
Major Areas of Interest:
- Instructional Delivery and Design
- Special Education Compliance
- Academic and Behavioral Intervention
- Educational Leadership
Courses Currently Teaching:
- EDU460 Career/Vocational Education
- EDU415 Conferencing and Consultation
- EDU231 Exceptional Child
- EDU351 Language Development
- EDU538 Leadrshp/Mngmnt Inst Curr Spec Ed
- EDU420 Measurement and Evaluation
- EDU790 Research Seminar
- EDU537 Special Education Administration
- EDU318 Tch SS in Elem/Mdle Grde