We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Admissions Counselor/ Columbia Site Coordinator
Reports To: Vice President of Enrollment and Marketing
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
This position requires a dynamic and enthusiastic professional who will work independently and in a team environment to recruit and advise qualified students. This position is also responisible for overseeing operations at the William Woods University Columbia Site.
This individual will professionally represent William Woods University in all aspects of customer contact. He/she must become familiar with all programs and modalities offered by the university and be able to assist students. This counselor will also be responsible for a group of online students and serve as their admissions representative through all stages from Lead to Registered. This position will receive and respond to prospective students by phone, email, and in person, serve as evening site coordinator, assisting with marketing events as requested, occassional travel, and various duties as designated by the supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students, staff, faculty and visitors at the Columbia site.
- Serves as first point of contact for the Columbia site-answer telephones, assist callers, and forward calls to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Handling inbound and outbound calls to and from prospective students.
- Responding to emails from prospective students who are requesting further information about the graduate or online programs offered by William Woods University.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with advising staff.
- Entering prospect data accurately in all databases.
- Setting and holding individual phone and/or face to face appointments with prospective students.
- Providing prompt follow-up and problem resolution as needed.
- Delivering superior customer service to prospective students to support the overall goals of the department and university.
- Representing the university events, conferences and other regional presentations or meetings, as needed.
- Speak publicly to individuals and groups during events and meetings on-and-off campus.
- Business to business lead development and relationship management.
- Meet monthly enrollment goals and expectations.
- Efficiently operate university provided systems including Jenzabar, JRM, Microsoft (Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook). Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred.
- Extensive experience in higher education recruiting and advising preferred.
- Highly motivated with a passion for student success.
- Experience with higher education, admissions, recruitment, advising and financial aid.
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment, highly organized and adaptable.
- Innovative, ability to develop new strategies to generate new inquiries.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to related to diverse audiences.
- Excellent communication skills in person and on the phone.
- The ability to work core evening hours. Dependable and reliable.
- Regional travel throughout assigned territory as needed. Valid Missouri Driver's License and clean driving record required.
This is a full-time 12 month position requiring 32+ hours per week. Hours: Tuesday - Thursday 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., Monday and Friday 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer