Job Title: Equestrian Stable Maintenance Tech.
Department: Equestrian Maintenance
Reports To: Equestrian Stables Manager
Job Type: This is a full time, non exempt position.
The Equestrian Stable Hand is responsible for feeding horses, loading and unloading hay and manure, cleaning
stalls, and upkeep of William Woods University stables facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Feed and water horses as specified.
- Clean individual horse stalls by removing manure and placing new bedding as directed.
- Unload and stack hay upon delivery.
- Load hay into wagons for distribution.
- Load/unload manure for removal from WWU premises.
- Work/prepare arena areas as directed.
- Perform other maintenance functions at the discretion of the Stables Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have experience working with large animals, preferably horses. Experience working on a farm or stables is preferred.
- Varied work experience preferably in grounds, general maintenance, and/or construction.
- Ability to operate various hand tools, power tools and machinery (tractors, uniloaders, dump trucks, brush hog, mowers).
- Ability to repair equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull 100 pounds or more.
- Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, bend, walk, or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to be subjected to chemical, mechanical, or electrical hazards.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to be subjected to motor or machine noise.
- Ability to wear protective clothing.
- Ability to be exposed to dust, fumes, and odoriferous working conditions.
- Ability to speak and read English fluently.
- Ability to hear.
- Must have a valid driver's license and adhere to the WWU vehicle policy.
- Ability to drive any type of vehicle without restrictions, and able to drive any type of machinery as needed.
This is a 12 month, 40 hour per week position. This position typically works from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Weekend work is required. Some evening or holiday work is required.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer