Job Title: Interior Maintenance Technician
Department: Interior Maintenance
Reports To: Supervisor of Interior Maintenance
Job Type: This is a full time, non exempt position.
William Woods University is now accepting applications for an Interior Maintenance Technician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine cleaning chores such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, and restroom maintenance of all assigned buildings and areas
- Assist in moving and rearranging furniture and bulk items
- Empty trash, garbage containers, dust shelves, and office furniture
- Vacuum floors and carpets
- Clean carpets and strip/wax floors using buffers, strippers, vacuums, shop vacs, mops, etc.
- Clean restrooms and replenish bathroom supplies
- Assist in setting up facilities for special events
- Deliver cleaning supplies to on-campus cleaning crew locations
- Assist Post Office staff in delivery of large packages, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Physically able to go up and down stairs while carrying heavy equipment, furniture, etc.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to lift arms overhead to clean or replace light bulbs
- Ability to work on knees while scrubbing floors or performing other duties
- Ability to read and compute mixing of cleaning solutions
- Ability to speak and read English fluently
- Effective mobility skills required to move about freely and quickly in office and on campus
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- May be required to wear protective clothing
- May be exposed to chemical, mechanical, or electrical hazards
- Knowledge of interior maintenance services, practices, and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Able to work 40 hours a week or more as needed, including evenings and weekends
- Typical work schedule is Monday thru Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with an hour lunch and two breaks
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience helpful that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to operate maintenance equipment
This is a 40-hour per week, non-exempt position with occasional evening or weekend work as needed.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer