Job Title: Adjunct Instructor for Criminal Justice at MMA
Department: School of Social Sciences
Reports To: Dean for the School of Social Sciences
Job Type: This is a part time, exempt position.
William Woods University is accepting applications for a part-time adjunct position to teach On-Ground courses for students enrolled in Criminal Justice courses at Missouri Military Academy (MMA) in Mexico, Missouri.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Teach on-ground undergraduate criminal justice courses at Missouri Military Academy. This position will be responsible for teaching one section of Introduction to Criminal Justice on the MMA campus in Mexico Missouri.
· Degree requirements: a Master’s. or Ph.D. in Criminal Justice or a related field
· Ability to perform teaching, administrative, and clerical duties independently to fulfill goals and objectives of the program within the overall mission of the department, the division, and the University.
· Teaching experience at a higher educational institution is preferred.
· Demonstrated commitment to professional development, strong work ethic, and a commitment to working well with others.
· Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with integrating instructional technology into classroom experiences.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer