Job Title: Social Work Adjunct Instructor
Department: School of Social Sciences
Reports To: Social Work Program Director
Job Type: This is a part time, exempt position.
William Woods University is accepting applications for adjunct instructors to teach undergraduate social work courses. Areas of teaching may include introduction to social work, human behavior, direct practice (individuals, families, and groups), social policy, field seminar, and other related courses. The contracted teaching load is 3 to 6 hours per semester, depending on the needs of the program. There may be opportunities to teach summer and intercession courses.
Adjunct faculty are expected to conduct program and class assessments in accordance with standards developed by the University and outside accrediting entities. They are invited to attend social work program meetings.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three references (one being a supervisor).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Teach social work coursework in classroom and online settings.
· Prepare course syllabi for assigned courses that meet the needs of students, state requirements, and CSWE accreditation standards.
· Assist in activities related to maintaining CSWE accreditation, including program assessment, reporting, self-studies, and site visits.
· Maintain professional development according to personal and professional need.
· Other duties as assigned.
· An MSW from a CSWE accredited program is required. A doctorate in Social Work from an accredited institution of higher education is preferred.
· At least two years post-MSW full-time practice experience is required.
· A current professional social work license is preferred.
· Teaching experience at a higher educational institution is preferred.
· Experience in social work education is preferred (e.g., BSW or MSW field instructor, field seminar instructor, field faculty liaison, field education administration, faculty).
· Demonstrated commitment to professional development, strong work ethics, and a commitment to working well with others.
· Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with integrating instructional technology into classroom experiences.
This is a part-time position, which begins immediately and will continue based on the needs of the program. Adjunct positions will remain open until filled.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer