Job Title: Assistant Dir. of Admissions – Equestrian Program
Reports To: Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
The Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for marketing William Woods University traditional, residential undergraduate programs and services to prospective students to increase university enrollment and visibility. The Assistant Director of Admissions(s) will work within a given MO territory and recruit nationally. Directly contacting prospects to assist them through the admissions process in the assigned recruitment territory. Emphasis will be on increasing prospects, applicants, and enrollments for William Woods University. Reliable transportation is required.
This particular position will also recruit to our world-renowned equestrian programs. Aside from assisting students in the admissions process, this role will also serve as a direct connection to the various equestrian programs, faculty and staff, and a key contributor to continued growth of the program. The position will travel to key equestrian events to further enhance our recruitment efforts and serve as a liaison of William Woods University at said events.
This is a full-time position, eligible for usual and customary benefits. William Woods University’s benefit package includes tuition remission for employees and dependents at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels, vacation and sick leave along with holidays, retirement benefits and health insurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These are in addition to the administrative duties outlined in the letter of appointment.
· Be knowledgeable about William Woods University by having a thorough understanding of all University programs and mission with an emphasis on first-year undergraduate residential students.
· Travel extensively (3-4 days per week in busy seasons) to events, college fairs, and high school visits.
· Travel to strategic equestrian events
· Assist with marketing for first year students.
· Assist with special events held on campus or in the field.
· Meet or exceed annual recruitment goals.
· Give presentations about William Woods University programs to prospective students/parents, high schools, and/or local community organizations.
· Manage the recruitment process by maintaining personal contact with all potential students.
· Remain engaged with students throughout their college experience.
· Work with and build relationships with high school community members and community organizations to help build and strengthen undergraduate recruitment to William Woods University.
· Work with and build relationships with equestrian organizations, businesses, and events to help build and strengthen recruitment to William Woods University’s equestrian programs.
· Develop strong relationships within the academic affairs division with academic advising and the registrar’s office to streamline the transfer process, particularly with degree planning and transfer credit.
· Represent the University professionally to prospective students and their families, businesses, community members, employers, alumni, counselors, advisors, and teachers/administrators in assigned recruitment territory. Establish relationships, regularly visit, engage and recruit & yield prospects with & from various high schools and organizations throughout their identified territory. Travel will be required during particular times of the year.
Develop, analyze, and disseminate thorough reports, tracking the progress and status of travel & prospective students through our CRM.
Maintain & document all call, email, text & other interactions with prospects/applicants/students according to departmental procedures in the CRM (and/or other applicable databases).
Navigate online portals
· Fulfill additional responsibilities as assigned
· Evening and weekend hours will be required.
· A bachelor’s degree is required.
· Equestrian experience/degree is preferred
· Experience in sales, marketing, or public relations is preferred.
· Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with people.
· Must perform as a team player.
· Must meet tight deadlines while working with frequent interruptions.
· Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-disciplined.
· Must be organized, flexible and creative; maintain attention to detail.
· Must be computer literate and knowledge of JRM preferred.
· Must have reliable internet access at home.
Typical Physical Demands:
· Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day.
· Ability to lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
· Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
· Ability to speak and read English fluently.
· Ability to hear.
· Ability to travel.
· Must possess a valid Missouri driver’s license and adhere to the WWU vehicle policy.
This is a full-time, exempt position requiring 40+ hours per week with some travel required. Some evening and weekend work is required.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer