We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Student Care Coordinator
Department: Student Life
Reports To: Vice President and Dean of Student Life
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
The Student Care Coordinator will maintain administrative oversight for intervention plans developed for students in distress. Students in distress can include, but is not limited to, students in mental health crisis, students experiencing homelessness, students with unreliable access to food, students experiencing family crises, and/or students experiencing a crisis significantly impacting their personal and/or academic success. The Student Care Coordinator is directly responsible for collecting and assessing critical information, identifying and supporting student needs, crisis intervention and de-escalation, and referring for campus or community services as needed. This person will be an active member of the Student Life division.
To apply, complete employment application available on the William Woods University website. Upload cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This Student Care Coordinator provides assessment, support, and on-going case management to students who are exhibiting symptoms of distress through a variety of interventions, referrals, and follow-up services.
- The Student Care Coordinator will provide rapid intervention when William Woods University is alerted to a student in immediate need of assistance or distress.
- This position will be aware of and deploy both internal and external resources to support students.
- Consult and collaborate with faculty, staff, service providers, parents, and campus partners on crisis intervention, student mental health, personal and/or academic success resources.
- The Student Care Coordinator is responsible for co-chairing the Student Care Team, updating team members on student cases as appropriate, and updating student records in OwlsAware - William Woods University’s retention management system.
- This position participates in campus wide education and other programming efforts which may include evening or weekend events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members, faculty, students, parents, and chapter advisors.
- Understand issues facing college students.
- Desire to work with college students.
- Ability to work without constant supervision (self-motivation).
- Ability to handle more than one task at a time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related discipline required.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work Preferred.
• Missouri Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) preferred.
• Experience in social work with young adult-aged populations desirable.
• Must have strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Requires active, energetic involvement in small college environment and a commitment to improving the quality of living and learning on a university campus.
This is an exempt, 40-hour per week; benefit eligible, 12-month position with evening and/or weekend work as needed. Flexible scheduling and limited remote work negotiable.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer