We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Adjunct Instructor for Business Analytics
Department: School of Business and Technology
Reports To: Program Manager MSBA
Job Type: This is a part time, exempt position.
School of Business and Technology at William Woods University is recruiting a pool of adjunct faculty to teach one or more 8-week courses within the online Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program. This 30-credit hours program is scheduled to be launched in fall 2023. These positions will report to the Program Manager of MSBA. The positions are renewable, and the appointment may begin for course development in the spring 2023 semester. Faculty will be paid separately for course development, and course developers will also have the opportunity to teach courses they developed.
We are seeking experienced instructors for the following courses:
1. Data Analytics for Business
2. Business Intelligence
3. Statistical Analysis with R and Python
4. Database Management
5. Artificial Intelligence in Decision Making
6. Data Visualization
7. Big Data Analytics
8. Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics
9. Information Security
These positions are open to the residents of the USA only. To receive full consideration, all applicants must complete and submit an online employment application through the university employment page. With your application, submit:
1. Cover Letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Names and contact information of three professional references.
4. Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with the application. Official transcripts are required at the time of the offer).
In your cover letter, please mention clearly (in bulleted points) the courses that you are interested in teaching and are qualified to teach. Please do not submit any other documents with your application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Teach online business analytics courses on an as-needed basis
· Provide evaluation and feedback to the students on a weekly basis
· Keep the grade book updated and submit the grades to the registrar in a timely manner
· Respond to student emails promptly and according to the university policies
· Post course announcements and engage with students through discussion boards
· Provide a quality learning experience for students
· Perform instruction-related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies, and procedures of the university
· All other duties as assigned
· Doctoral or master's degree in business/data analytics or a closely related field. Candidates with master's degrees must have a significant professional experience in data analytics and related fields.
· Significant expertise and relevant professional and/or instructional experience in business/data analytics or a closely related field.
· Experience providing instruction to adult learners in an academic or corporate setting.
· Demonstrated excellence in communicating and collaborating in digital environments.
· Demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment for students.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer