We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Records Assistant
Reports To: Associate Dean for Academic Student Services
Job Type: This is a full time, non exempt position.
The Records Assistant holds primary responsibility for receiving, scanning and processing all incoming transcripts for the undergraduate, graduate, seated, online, and cohort divisions. This person is also primarily responsible for assisting students, faculty, staff, and others who come to the registrar’s office seeking help/information. Must be knowledgeable in academic policies, registration procedures, and general information of the university. As the first contact for the office, person must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to maintain a patient and friendly demeanor when assisting office visitors and phone customers. Person is responsible for accurately entering student and course information in Jenzabar. This position is also responsible for monitoring and ordering office supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive and process all incoming and outgoing student transcripts.
• Scan records (including official transcripts) into Filebound.
• Enter transfer credit.
• Set up, manage, and maintain undergraduate (all modalities) courses in Jenzabar.
• Enter Course Instructor information for all courses.
• Schedule room assignments for course sections.
• Process schedule changes for semester students.
• Process and maintain records of “special” registrations (MMACU, IS, TU, etc.).
• Running reports and processing withdrawals from semester programs.
• Running incoming student report and applying the appropriate coding to students in Jenzabar.
• Primarily responsible for answering phones, welcoming and serving walk-in customers with a positive and friendly attitude.
• Process personal data changes for all current students.
• Run recalculations and end-of-semester updates on the registration module.
• Monitor and order office supplies
• Other duties as assigned
Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate with the public by phone and in person. Must be able to read, write and speak effectively. Must possess excellent customer services skills. Must possess general computer skills. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Experience in educational setting is preferred. High school diploma or GED.
Typical Physical Demands:
· Ability to lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
· Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
· Ability to speak and read English fluently.
This is a non-exempt position requiring 40 hours per week, 12-month position. Evening and weekend work may be required.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer