We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Adjunct Instructor for Psychology
Department: School of Social Sciences
Reports To: Dean of the School of Social Sciences
Job Type: This is a part time, exempt position.
William Woods University is accepting applications for adjunct faculty members to teach online sections of introductory psychology courses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Teach online sections of General Psychology.
• Master’s degree in psychology required, PhD preferred.
• Ability to perform teaching, administrative, and clerical duties independently in order to fulfill goals and objectives of the program within the overall mission of the department, the division, and the University.
• Teaching experience at a higher educational institution is preferred.
• Teaching experience in an online setting is preferred.
• Experience with assessment preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development, strong work ethic, and a commitment to working well with others.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with integrating instructional technology into classroom experiences.
• Ability to manage learning management systems effectively to teach, assess and communicate with students.
• Official transcripts will be required.
Typical Physical Demands:
Ability to manage learning management systems effectively to teach, assess and communicate with students.
This is a part time, exempt position.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer