Job Title: GA Men and Women Bowling Team
Reports To: Head Bowling Coach
Job Type: This is a part time, exempt position.
The Graduate Assistant is responsible for assisting the Head Coach to support a college level bowling team at William Woods University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be knowledgeable about William Woods University by having a thorough understanding of all the University and its mission.
• Monitor and stay within the parameters of the bowling budget. All purchases need to be approved by the head coach.
• Assist with recruiting and retaining student-athletes.
• Attend Athletic Department meetings.
• Assist with coordination of travel plans.
• Be a positive role model for athletes and monitor discipline procedures within your sport.
• Encourage/monitor attendance and academic performance as directed by the head coach.
• Assist with annual inventory.
• Conduct yourself in a professional manner and display good sportsmanship at all times.
• Fulfill all obligations, as established by your program, for the NAIA Champions of Character initiative.
• Be loyal and supportive of the Staff, Faculty and Administration.
• Always follow the Chain of Command.
• Cooperate and communicate with the Training Staff
• Assist with the supervision of other athletic events as needed by the administration.
• All Other duties as assigned.
Essential job functions:
• Background/knowledge in the sport of Bowling.
• Demonstrates talent in building cohesive teams.
• Independent decision making and ability to exercise good judgement.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and a team member to complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
• Organizational skills, time management, relationship building and communication skills essential.
• Willing to work long hours and weekends.
• Must have a driver’s license and adhere to the WWU vehicle policy.
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 30-50 pounds.
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
• Ability to use a computer keyboard.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
A suitable candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree, must be a leader with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with people, have outstanding customer service skills and have the work ethic to complete tasks independently. Desirable qualities includes flexibility, willingness to learn, and commitment to work within a team. Candidate must demonstrate accurate computer skills as well as good written and verbal skills. Candidate must be accepted into a WWU master’s program.
A Graduate Assistant will receive tuition remission for any master’s program offered at WWU, along with on campus room (when available) and board when Tucker Dining Hall is open. This position is a 23-month position.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer