We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Program Mgr., Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership
Department: School of Business and Technology
Reports To: Director, School of Business and Technology
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
William Woods University is accepting applications for a full-time Professor and Program Manager of the University’s Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership program. The Program Manager will formulate and implement a plan that will enhance the value and reputation of the program and continue to align the program with the University’s mission.
The Program Manager will maintain a teaching load commensurate with the duties of the office. At a minimum, the Program Manager will teach one course per semester.
Full-time faculty are expected to participate in faculty and campus committees, attend faculty assembly and division meetings, and conduct program and class assessments in accordance with standards developed by the University and outside accrediting entities. Faculty are also expected to develop educational programs to be presented to the campus at large as part of the University LEAD program and to attend such programs sponsored by other faculty in the university.
Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversees and directs the University’s online Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership program.
· Collaborates with the School of Business and Technology Dean, University Provost, Associate Provost of Graduate Program and other campus department heads in strategic planning for the Ph.D. program.
· Coordinate course offerings, scheduling, advising and mentorship with appropriate department heads.
· Coordinates candidacy exams and dissertation committees.
· Chairs an external Board of Advisors for the Ph.D. program.
· Plans, coordinates and oversees annual residency experiences for students.
· Responsible for hiring, vetting and supervising faculty who teach in the program.
· Oversees teaching assignments for courses in the program.
· Completes program reviews and assessment, evaluation of courses alumni surveys, etc. for continuing improvement.
· Supervise all activities within the program to meet the requirements of ACBSP accreditation.
· Teach related coursework in an online setting.
· Serve as a dissertation chair and/or dissertation reader as necessary.
· Maintains professional development according to personal and professional need.
· Builds strong relationships with the business community and represents the Ph.D. program within and outside the University.
· Assist in recruitment efforts for the program by participating in university recruitment events and communicating with interested students.
· Responsible for maintaining relationships with alumni of the program.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A doctoral degree in organizational leadership or a core business discipline is required.
· Have experience in conducting research that has been published in accredited academic journals and/or professional journals in the past 3 years.
· Experience teaching at the doctoral level to include curriculum development and program evaluation required.
· Ability to perform teaching, administrative, and clerical duties independently in order to fulfill goals and objectives of the program within the overall mission of the school and the University.
· Understanding of ACBSP accreditation processes.
· Demonstrated engagement with current business practices and challenges.
· Demonstrated commitment to professional development, strong work ethic, and a commitment to working well with others.
This is a full-time, 12-month position, which may begin as soon as August, 2023. This position will be open until filled.
Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and contact information for three references (one being a supervisor).
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer