Job Title: Adjunct Instructor for ASL-Interpreting
Department: School of Humanities
Reports To: Dean, School of Humanities
Job Type: This is a part time, exempt position.
William Woods University is now accepting applications for a part-time adjunct faculty to teach on ground ASL/English Interpreting courses for students working towards a Bachelor’s degree in ASL/English Interpreting and focused on obtaining certification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Teach on ground undergraduate ASL/English Interpreting courses. Courses could include: Theory of Interpreting, Interpreting I-IV, Comparative Translation, Foundations of Interpreting, and Interpreting in Advanced Settings.
· A M.A. or Ph.D. in subject area or related field.
· National or current state Interpreting Certification.
· Ability to perform teaching, administrative, and clerical duties independently in order to fulfill goals and objectives of the program within the overall mission of the department, the School, and the University.
· Teaching experience at a higher educational institution is preferred.
· Demonstrated commitment to professional development, strong work ethic, and a commitment to working well with others.
· Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with integrating instructional technology into classroom experiences.
· Official transcripts will be required.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer