We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Assistant Professor of Graphic Design
Department: School of Humanities
Reports To: Director, School of Humanities
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
William Woods University is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure track faculty position to teach Graphic Design courses for students working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Art with a Graphic Design concentration.
The contracted teaching load is 12 hours per semester, with the opportunity to teach summer school and intersession courses.
Full-time Faculty are expected to participate in faculty and campus committees, attend faculty assembly and division meetings, and conduct program and class assessments in accordance with standards developed by the University and outside accrediting entities. Faculty are also expected to develop educational programs to be presented to campus at large as part of the University LEAD program and to attend such programs sponsored by other faculty in the university.
Rank and salary are commensurate with qualification and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach Graphic Design coursework in classroom settings and online.
• Provide support to an established online Art program
• Assist students with academic advising.
• Prepare course syllabi for assigned courses that meet the needs of students and university requirements.
• Participate in the development of assessments and evaluation of courses and the program for continuing improvement.
• Maintain professional development according to personal and professional need.
• Assist in recruitment efforts for the program by participating in university recruitment events and communicating with interested students.
• Responsible for maintaining relationships with alumni of the program.
• Collaborate in curriculum design and materials development for the Art program.
• Other duties as assigned
An M.A. or M.F.A. with at least 18 graduate hours in Graphic Design coursework is required.
Ability to perform teaching, administrative, and clerical duties independently in order to fulfill goals and objectives of the program within the overall mission of the department, the division, and the University.
• Teaching experience at a higher educational institution is preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development, strong work ethic, and a commitment to working well with others.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with integrating instructional technology into classroom experiences.
This is a full-time, 9-month position. This position will be open until filled. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and contact information for three references (one being a supervisor).
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer