Job Title: Graduate and Online Admissions Counselor
Reports To: Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
The Admissions Counselor for graduate and online recruitment is responsible for marketing William Woods University online undergraduate programs, graduate on ground and online programs, and services to prospective students to increase university enrollment and visibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Be knowledgeable about William Woods University by having a thorough understanding of all University programs and mission with an emphasis on online undergraduate and all graduate programs.
· Assist with marketing for these programs.
· Assist with special events focused on recruitment for these programs.
· Meet or exceed annual recruitment goals.
· Give presentations about William Woods University programs to prospective students/parents, community college professionals, schools, businesses and/or local community organizations.
· Attend/host informational meetings or student orientations throughout Missouri and surrounding states.
· Work with and build relationships with community leaders, schools and businesses to help build and strengthen recruitment for William Woods University.
· Participate and represent WWU at conferences, trade shows, education workshops, association meetings, community events, etc.
· Manage the recruitment process by maintaining personal contact with all potential students.
· Remain engaged with students throughout their college experience.
· Develop strong relationships within the academic affairs division with academic advising and the registrar’s office to streamline the process, particularly with degree planning and transfer credit.
· Represent William Woods University in a professional manner.
· Travel will be required.
· Evening and weekend hours are also required.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s is preferred.
· Experience in sales, marketing, or public relations is preferred.
· Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with people.
· Must perform as a team player.
· Must meet tight deadlines while working with frequent interruptions.
· Must be willing to travel in and around the state of Missouri.
· Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-disciplined.
· Must be organized, flexible and creative; maintain attention to detail.
· Must be computer literate and knowledge of JRM preferred.
· Must have reliable internet access at home.
Typical Physical Demands:
· Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day.
· Ability to lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
· Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
· Ability to speak and read English fluently.
· Ability to hear.
· Ability to travel.
· Must possess a valid Missouri driver’s license and adhere to the WWU vehicle policy.
This is a full-time, exempt position requiring 40+ hours per week with travel required. Some evening and weekend work is also required.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer