We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Director of Marketing
Department: Marketing & University Relations
Reports To: Chief Student Experience Officer
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
The Director of Marketing at William Woods University is responsible for implementing the marketing, advertising and promotional efforts, and assisting with other public relations initiatives, on behalf of the university, with an emphasis on Admissions Marketing. The University Director of Marketing oversees and participates in a wide range of activities, from print advertising to special events, and is the planner and coordinator of strategies to promote the university and increase enrollment through advertising and paid media. Experience in producing publications and brochures, and strong writing skills, are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produce regular communications, advertising, promotional campaigns, and special event strategies to ensure maximum exposure of the university toward prospective students.
• Through marketing efforts, assist in the achievement of student recruitment goals, help attract faculty and staff, increase private gifts to the university and build and strengthen relationships with various constituent groups.
• Prepare strategies for paid media efforts.
• Regularly research and stay abreast of leading trends in Higher Education Marketing.
• Work with editorial and graphic design staff in the Marketing and Communications Department to assist with the creation and production of appropriate promotional materials.
• Write content for student recruitment publications and other printed materials
• Work closely with the editorial and social media staff in the Marketing and Communications Department to ensure consistency of promotional efforts.
• Track budgets and analytics to measure return on investment (ROI) for advertising and promotional efforts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field is required. A master’s degree is preferred.
• Five years of marketing and communications experience is required. Experience in a higher education setting is preferred.
• Demonstrated effectiveness and evidence of past success working in marketing and/or public relations, and student recruitment.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
• Knowledge of and experience with search engine optimization, social media and marketing strategies. Ability to use Microsoft Word applications, proprietary databases, and other technical tools.
• Publication experience required.
• Ability to think creatively, develop innovative strategies and stay on top of industry trends.
• Must possess high organization skills, be meticulous and detail- and service-oriented.
• Must possess evidence of high ethical standards and professionalism.
• Skilled in managing projects, prioritizing and organizing work and meeting deadlines and goals.
• Experience in fostering good relations with campus constituents.
• Experience working collaboratively and effectively with fellow staff, peers, faculty, vendors, administrators and supporters of the university.
Typical Physical Demands:
• Ability to travel frequently by car to visit schools, attend college fairs, community events, etc.
• Ability to walk and climb stairs each day.
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
• Ability to speak and read English fluently.
• Ability to hear.
• Must be able to drive and possess a valid driver’s license. Must meet the requirements of the university’s vehicle policy.
• This is a full-time, exempt position requiring 40+ hours per week with some travel required. Some evening and weekend work is required.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer