We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Adjunct Instructor for Music Appreciation
Department: Online Education
Reports To: Director of Online Education, Dr. Matt Dube
Job Type: This is a part time, non exempt position.
William Woods is now accepting applications for an adjunct teaching position in Music Appreciation. The Department is looking for someone to teach an online class twice a year in music appreciation. Please attach cover letter when completing the application.
· A minimum of a master’s degree in music (education or history preferred) is required.
· Prior higher education-level teaching experience, especially online, is preferred.
· Demonstrated teaching effectiveness.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
· Excellent computer skills.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
· Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
· Ability to complete projects without continued direct supervision.
· Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer