We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Assistant Softball Coach
Reports To: Head Softball Coach and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
The Assistant Softball Coach is responsible for promoting William Woods Athletics through the academic, on-field and off-field development of the softball program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Have an understanding of the sport of softball.
Work collectively and cooperatively with the Head Softball Coach.
Be able to communicate effectively the understanding of the sport.
Be able to properly demonstrate the understanding of the sport.
Supervise all practices and workouts.
Be able to maintain an appropriate, consistent and fair level of discipline.
Conduct themselves in a professional manner consistent with the values of the university.
Actively promote the university.
Recruit quality student-athletes.
Monitor academic progress.
Coordinate and provide administration for some home events.
Coordinate with the athletic department on athletic scheduling.
Report statistical information and game results to the WWU Sports Information Director.
Coordinate transportation of team and travel requirements.
Coordinate on and off campus Champions of Character activities.
Supervise graduate assistant coaches.
Work in conjunction with Strength and Conditioning Coach.
Work in conjunction with Athletic Training Staff.
Work with the university to foster alumni relations.
Responsibly manage a budget.
Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
• Must have demonstrated ability in: leading an athletic team; fundraising and revenue development; budget development; employee management.
• Preferred knowledge of and commitment to NAIA rules; preferred knowledge of Champions of Character program and commitment to its principles and goals.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to speak publicly without difficulty.
Typical Physical Demands:
• Hold a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day.
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
• Ability to speak and read English fluently.
• Must possess a Missouri driver’s license and adhere to the WWU vehicle policy.
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This is an exempt, 10-month position requiring 40+ hours per week with day, evening, or weekend work as needed.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer