Job Title: Assistant Database Administrator (Remote Options)
Department: University Information Technologies
Reports To: Enterprise Systems Manager
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
The Assistant Database Administrator oversees day-to-day operations for the Jenzabar administrative computing system, PowerFAIDS financial aid system, and other SQL Server applications used by various campus departments. Working closely with the Database Administrator and other UIT professionals, the Assistant Database Administrator performs directed tasks to maintain SQL Server-based applications through script and report development. Remote options are available for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform scheduled transfers of data between servers, automating systems as possible
· Assist with all software (Jenzabar, PowerFAIDS, etc.) installations, upgrades, and work orders
· Accurately assess and assign support calls for Software staff, resolve routine/documented issues
· Research and install routine SQL Server service packs as approved by the DBA
· Work with Network and Server staff to maintain and continuously improve server resources
· Develop, document, and oversee maintenance plans
· Reboot or restart services as necessary
· Other duties as assigned
· All Level 1 responsibilities
· Act as backup to the DBA during normal business hours
· Assist with continued development & documentation of backup and disaster recovery plans
· Serve as technical lead on Strategic Initiatives requiring technology solutions
· Develop and deliver documentation and training for all relevant systems
· Develop and maintain a hardware/software inventory system
· Develop, troubleshoot, and maintain Enterprise Reports using InfoMaker and SQL Server Reporting Services
· Develop, and maintain stored procedures, triggers and batch files
· Work with Web Applications staff to develop & maintain internal web-based database applications
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related degree, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
· Two years of experience with MS SQL Server and SQL applications
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently while meeting well-defined deadlines
· Familiarity with Jenzabar or a similar administrative computing system
· Experience writing SQL queries and/or reports
· Two years of experience with Jenzabar.
· One year of experience with Infomaker report writing
· Two years of experience in an academic environment
· Previous experience developing user documentation
Typical Physical Demands:
• Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day.
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
• Ability to speak and read English fluently.
• Ability to hear.
• Must possess a valid Missouri driver's license and meet the requirements of the William Woods University vehicle policy.
This is a 40-hour per week, 12-month position with occasional evening or weekend work as needed.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer