Job Title: Admissions Technology Specialist (Remote Options)
Department: University Information Technologies
Reports To: Enterprise Systems Manager
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
The Admissions Technology Specialist will support the admissions process and the management of the admissions and enrollment functions for new incoming students from the technical perspective. This position is responsible for managing the technical operations, the Admissions CRM and all integrated applications for the Office of Admissions. This person should be a strategic and technical thinker with experience in higher education that can work in a team environment. This position reports to the Enterprise Systems Manager in IT and will work closely and collaboratively with Admissions department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Student Information System Duties:
- Responsible for all data management functions as related to admissions. This includes reviewing procedures and workflow to optimize efficiency; establishing clear lines of communicating, cross-training, and team development.
- Responsible for developing and managing data entry and data tracking procedures for Admissions processes.
- Maintaining and updating process structures to meet departmental needs, including documentation of all processes
- Coordinating routine data cleanup process
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that Admissions data processes and protocols are designed to meet the needs of the campus as a whole
- Provide ongoing support and training to Admissions Operations staff
- Work to ensure an amicable and inclusive team environment
- Serve as a system administrator responsible for the following duties and processes:
- Process applications multiple times per day and review and correct any integration errors
- Create and update email communications as requested by Admissions
- Create and maintain the JRM application and all other forms used from the CRM
- Create and maintain all recruitment event listings
- Coordinate dissemination of system-related information to team members and participating departments
- Facilitate the creation of new user credentials, permissions, views, territories, ect in all participating departments
- Provide training as needed to all participating departments
- Assess and improve system usage efficiency
- Monitor and adjust CRM and J1 integration process
- Develop and maintain dashboards and analytics for department success
- Provide reports from system data to other departments as needed
- Coordinate with vendor representatives to meet university needs
- Participate actively in CRM user community for collaboration
- Manage data exchanges with vendors, including adjustments to meet provided specifications
- Manage vendor internet-based database systems
- Monitor newly-added functionality to software applications
- Monitor and perform all CRM component software applications
- Responsible for uploads from outside vendors, data cleanup etc
- Responsible for building and running management reports for senior leadership in Enrollment Management to drive strategic decisions and to assist recruiter effectiveness
- Responsible for ad hoc reporting and analysis of key data points
- Assess and maintain a funnel analysis and ROI on all projects
- Maximize the efficiency of interplay between all university software systems and those of venders/partners
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related degree, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently while meeting well-defined deadlines
· Familiarity with Jenzabar or a similar administrative computing system
· Experience writing SQL queries and/or reports
· Two years of experience in an academic environment
· Previous experience developing user documentation
Typical Physical Demands:
• Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods
• Ability to speak and read English fluently
• Must possess a valid Missouri driver's license and meet the requirements of the William Woods University vehicle policy
This is a 40-hour per week, 12-month position. Remote options available.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer