Job Title: Break Workers
Department: School of Equestrian Studies
Reports To: EQS Division Chair
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
This position is for current William Woods University students. Break barn workers are responsible for the daily care of horses and barn upkeep.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Turn out of horses
• Stall cleaning and re-bedding
• Feeding morning, lunch, and night grain, hay, and meds.
• Morning/night checks and lockup.
• Rake and sweep barn aisle, clean wash racks, and keep premises in open house condition.
• Clean auto waterers and buckets as needed.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
Typical Physical Demands:
• Climb several flights of stairs
• Lift, push or pull up to 100 pounds
• Crouch, bend, kneel or stand for extended periods of time
• Must hold valid driver's license
• Be exposed to dust, fumes, and odiferous working conditions
• Work 6-8 scheduled hours a day over break
This is a seasonal position.
Winter Break -
First Half: Saturday, December 9, 2023 - Sunday, December 24, 2023
Second Half: Tuesday, December 26, 2023 - Sunday, January 7, 2024
Spring Break -
Friday, March 1, 2024 - Sunday, March 10, 2024
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer