We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Graduate Assistant - Athletic Performance
Reports To: Coordinator of Fitness and Recreation
Job Type: This is a part time, exempt position.
The duties of the Graduate Assistant for Athletic Performance will be to assist the Coordinator of Fitness & Recreation in all areas of the Athletic Performance program. This will include, but not limited to, the items listed in this job description. The term of this job description is from August 1st to May 31st or the academic year as outlined by William Woods University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Athletic Performance (Strength and Conditioning)
- Possess an understanding of strength and conditioning principles.
- Write and implement strength, conditioning and flexibility programs for assigned athletic teams.
- Schedule all associated workouts with coaches.
- Schedule supervision for all workouts.
- Communicate effectively to students, staff and faculty.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate and professional relationship with the student-athlete population.
- Must track and maintain records of all student-athlete workouts.
- Selected individual must support the mission and direction of the Athletic Department.
- Selected individual must support the mission and direction of the Athletic Performance program.
- Selected individual must support the mission and direction of the Fitness and Recreation program
- Selected individual must maintain office hours as agreed upon by the Coordinator of Fitness & Recreation and selected individual.
- Selected individual must keep accurate records for all athletic performance events.
- Selected individual must publicize/market all fitness, intramural and recreation events.
- Selected individual must be responsible for all equipment required for each event
- Selected individual must be responsible for tracking and maintaining all equipment required for the athletic performance program.
- Selected individual must schedule and monitor all work-study workers.
- Selected individual must submit reports for work-study and sports supervised.
- Selected individual must maintain and update all athletic performance records
- Selected individual must assist in the scheduling of workouts
- Selected individual must participate in fund raising events when necessary
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day and move freely on campus
- Ability to crouch, kneel, bend, or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to spend time outdoors and in inclement weather
- Ability to speak and read English fluently
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and phone
- Effective mobility skills required to move about freely and quickly in office and on campus
- Must possess an valid driver's license and adhere to the WWU vehicl policy
This is a twelve (12) month position, which will be evaluated in December. Continued employment after December and the full twelve-month period is contingent upon job performance as outlined in the job description.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer