We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Graduate Assistant - Athletic Training
Department: Student Life
Reports To: Head Athletic Trainer
Job Type: This is a part time, exempt position.
The Athletic Training Graduate Assistant will supply sports coverage and atheltic training room supervision as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer. This will include, but is not limited to, assisting with the operation of the athletic training facility; creation of programs for prevention of, evaluation of, and treatment of athletic injuries; serve as a preceptor for CAATE accredited program; and other duties as assigned.
This position will be split to include half the time with William Woods Athletics and half the time with Peak Sport and Spine clinic covering high school athletics and time spent at a Peak Sport and Spine clinic. William
Woods University is an NAIA Division I institution and a member of the American Midwest Conference. We house 16 combined men’s and women’s sports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have a strong understanding of preventative measures taken to prevent athletic related injuries.
- Must possess knowledge of therapeutic exercises and modalities and how to incorporate them into a rehabilitation protocol.
- Must possess a capability of applying return to play criteria while allowing participation with necessary
BOC certification as an Athletic Trainer; eligible for Missouri licensure
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day and move freely on campus
- Ability to crouch, kneel, bend, or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to spend time outdoors and in inclement weather
- Ability to speak and read English fluently
- Ability to hear
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and phone
- Effective mobility skills required to move about freely and quickly in office and on campus
- Must meet the requirements of the William Woods University vehicle policy
Schedule will vary week to week depending on events. Weekend coverage is required.
This is a 10-month position beginning August and ending in May. However, compensation includes full tuition in a masters program and board when the campus dining facility is open. Room is available in some cases.
The University reserves the right to change your assignment, duties, and supervisor at any time and to make other job modifications as is in the best interests of the University.
Each employee is governed by the contents of the Employee Handbook as it applies to this position and it is the employee’s responsibility to become familiar with all the information in the Handbook. The University and the staff shall abide by university-wide policies and procedures outlined in the current Employee Handbook, as amended from time to time.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer