Job Title: Logo Store Manager
Department: Business Services
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Job Type: This is a full time, non exempt position.
The Logo Store Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the University Logo Store including retail and online sales, purchasing, inventory management, and management of staff. This is an hourly, twelve-month position with the potential for reduced hours during the summer months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for retail sales in the Logo Store including stocking merchandise and visual displays.
• Responsible for sales in the online store including monitoring inventory, filling orders, and preparing orders for shipment.
• Participates in the establishment and implementation of general marketing plans and promotions to maximize sales.
• Responsible for inventory management including ordering of merchandise, receipt, and return of merchandise; verifying invoices and resolving errors and discrepancies; preparation of purchase orders for invoice payment.
• Daily monitoring of sales through the cash register; resolve discrepancies, prepare, reconcile, and record cash receipts for deposit.
• Prepare sales reports and other information as requested.
• Provide excellent customer service to all constituents of the University including students, parents, faculty, staff, and visitors.
• Responsible for staffing including supervising and training of employees.
• Be open to collaboration with business academic areas in development and implementation of internship program for students.
• Be knowledgeable about William Woods University by having a thorough understanding of all the University and its mission.
• Represent William Woods University in a professional manner.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field with minimum of one year of progressive business/retail management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Must be a leader with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with people.
- Must possess outstanding customer service skills.
- Must have the work ethic to complete tasks independently.
- Desirable qualities include flexibility, being a self-starter, willingness to learn and commitment to work within a team.
- Candidate must demonstrate good computer skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Normal office and retail environment.
- Ability to operate office equipment including cash register.
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
- Ability to speak and read English fluently.
- Ability to hear.
- Effective mobility skills required to move about freely and quickly in office and on campus.
This is a non-exempt, hourly position requiring approximately 30 hours per week during the academic year with limited hours during the summer months. Occasional evening or weekend hours during special events on campus is required.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer