We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Sports Information Director
Reports To: Assistant Athletic Director for Enrollment & Media
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
The Sports Information Director is responsible for promoting William Woods Athletics through the creation and editing of the athletics web page, press releases and managing media functions at home contests. This position serves as the primary media contact for all intercollegiate sports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain athletic statistics.
• Knowledge and ability to create, maintain and edit athletics www.wwuowls.com.
• Produce press releases, including pre-game game notes, in-game updates, and postgame releases.
• Oversee and provide photography for individual and team portraits and action scenes at sporting events.
• Speak publicly.
• Actively market and promote the university.
• Coordinate and provide administration for some home events.
• Social media monitoring.
• Supervision of student interns, work study students, and a graduate assistant.
• Support web streaming of events as assigned by Assistant Athletic Director for Enrollment & Media.
• Use of graphic design software for pre-game and postgame graphics to be used on social media accounts.
• Work in conjunction with Coaching Staff.
• Work with the university to foster alumni relations.
• Responsibly manage a budget.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, Graphic Arts, Sports Management or other related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
• Previous experience in sports information is preferred.
• Experience with sports teams as an athlete, manager and/or coach with knowledge and demonstrated abilities of statistical record keeping.
• Strong skills and/or background with web pages.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Preferred knowledge of and commitment to NAIA rules; preferred knowledge of Champions of Character program and commitment to its principles and goals.
• Ability to speak publicly without difficulty.
Typical Physical Demands:
• Hold a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day.
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
• Ability to speak and read English fluently.
• Must possess a Missouri driver’s license and adhere to the WWU vehicle policy.
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This is an exempt, 12-month position requiring 40+ hours per week with day, evening, or weekend work as needed.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer