We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Part-Time Counselor
Department: Student Life and Athletics
Reports To: Vice President and Dean of Student Life
Job Type: This is a part time, non exempt position.
This part-time position provides individual counseling to William Woods University students by working in conjunction with the full-time counselor to service student appointments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide counseling by working individually with students who are experiencing personal, family, health, educational or other challenges common to the student population.
- Assist students with referrals when appropriate.
- As time allows, help support mental health educational programming.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members, faculty and students.
- Provide therapeutic triage in absence of student’s counselor.
- Maintain timely case recording.
- Ability to work without constant supervision (self-motivation).
- Requires desire and commitment to improving students’ lives and to support learning through therapeutic measures in a small college environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate degree and licensure LPC or LCSW.
- 2-3 years of counseling with student development experience in higher education preferred.
- Short-term, developmental and solution-focused counseling skills; ability to maintain professional and confidential demeanor in a busy and dynamic office environment; clear, concise written and verbal communication skills; time management skills; ability to work well with a variety of staff with different work styles.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day.
- Ability to sit, crouch, kneel, bend, or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to hear.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard.
- Effective mobility skills required to move about freely and quickly in office and on campus.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position that will work 10-hours per week during the academic year, with the possibility for increased hours or a full-time position in the future.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer