We're sorry, but this position is no longer available.
Job Title: Admissions Representative
Reports To: Vice President of Enrollment and Marketing
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
The Admissions Representative will work as part of a team to recruit qualified students to attend the traditional campus in Fulton, MO. The successful candidate will be able to network and build relationships with teachers and staff from schools in order to enhance student outreach. The Admissions Representative is responsible for marketing William Woods University undergraduate programs and services to prospective students to increase university enrollment and visibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be knowledgeable about William Woods University by having a thorough understanding of all University programs and mission.
- Meet or exceed annual recruitment goals of assigned territory.
- Write and gain supervisor approval of a recruitment plan which must include sales strategies to meet enrollment goals.
- Give presentations about William Woods University programs to prospective students/parents, professional associations and/or local community organizations.
- Manage the student recruitment process by maintaining personal contact with all potential students.
- Remain engaged with students throughout their college experience.
- Work with William Woods University alumni within recruitment territory.
- Represent William Woods University in a professional manner.
- 60%-75% of travel will be required during particular times of the year.
- Follow up with leads and contacts to provide service of the highest quality.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and retention rate.
- Evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in sales, marketing or public relations preferred.
- Communicate and interact effectively with people.
- Perform as a team player.
- Meet tight deadlines while working with frequent interruptions.
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Must be organized, flexible and creative; maintain attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain a busy schedule that includes fairs, school visits, presentations, community events, and bringing groups to campus.
- Must have strong presentation skills with the ability to relate to diverse audiences.
- Must be computer literate and knowledge of Jenzabar is preferred.
- Must travel to Fulton campus for admissions events and meetings as required.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to travel frequently by car to visit schools, attend college fairs, community events, etc.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs each day.
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
- Ability to speak and read English fluently.
- Ability to hear.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and adhere to the WWU vehicle policy.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993.
Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs.
With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri's state school system.
William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer