CARES Act Grant
The following reports pertain to William Woods University's disbursement of funds received by way of the Higher Education Relief Fund:
Additional CARES Grant Application Information
On May 20, William Woods University announced plans to distribute Student Emergency Grant funds under the CARES Act. These funds are designed to assist currently enrolled students with expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the novel coronavirus. This grant was awarded to William Woods University through limited stimulus funds provided in the CARES Act, and eligibility is restricted by the U.S. Department of Education.
The application is now open for any student who has not yet received CARES grant funds. Eligibility requirements for students are as follows:
- Must have been enrolled in in-person classes at WWU as of March 13, 2020
- Must be in good academic standing, as determined by the University
- Must be eligible to participate in federal aid programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 as demonstrated with a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the university.
The grant funds are awarded on a first-come first-serve basis until grant funds are fully distributed to eligible students. To access the application follow the steps below.
- Login to WWU Quicklaunch (https://quicklaunch.williamwoods.edu)
- Click the Student Forms icon
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the link for the Student CARES grant. Fill out the information and click submit